A number of Streaming Video Resources are available from Fondren Library. Links to the streaming videos can easily be placed within your Canvas course for student access. Please see our guide Adding Video Links to Your Canvas Course or contact email@example.com if you have any questions about Canvas.
OIT offers a service to digitize very short clips of personally or library owned DVDs/videos for classroom use if other streaming options are not available. Due to U.S. copyright law, we cannot digitize content that is easily available on for-profit streaming platforms such as Netflix, nor content that is widely available for purchase. In conjunction with Fondren Library, we will attempt to gain permission for streaming and/or digitizing entire videos.
To initiate the process, please fill out the Video Request Form so that it can be determined if a streaming option is available or if permission can be granted for digitizing the video. If a video can be digitized, we will contact you and provide next steps.
- Please allow at least four weeks for processing your video. During the week before and the first three weeks of the semester, processing times can take over four weeks.
- If permissions are granted, only an original copy owned by the course instructor or by Fondren Library can be considered for digitization.
- Fondren Library media can be requested for a longer-than-standard checkout period at the circulation desk or can be renewed online while we digitize the media.
- InterLibrary Loan or rental materials cannot be digitized, either in full nor clips.
- Format: Blu-ray, DVD, or VHS tape
- The main video with original-language audio and without subtitles will be digitized unless otherwise specified.